145th Meeting of the CMC Board of Directors (**Public Copy)
January 19, 2014 / 12:45 p.m. (Pacific)
Directors Present (8): Rev. Tony Ponticello, Rev. Tedosio Samora, Rev. Dusa Althea Rammessirsingh, Rev. Daniel Tipton, Rev. Judy Junghans, Rev. Charles Mawson, Rev. Marci Benson, Rev. Rudy Colombini
Directors Absent (2): Rev. Vincent Fuqua, Rev. Peter Graham
Minutes of 144th Meeting Read And Accepted As Amended
No new financial statement to review. Will have full 2013 Financial Report at March 16, 2014 meeting.
Supporting Member Report:
Currently 115 Supporting Members -- $5,842.66 / month, $50.81 average / member
Net gain of 3 members / gain of $529.66 / month pledged.
Gained (8): Heather Holmes, Ruth Diones, Daphne Blunck, Jon Welker, Rev. Kathi Moon, Orlando Diaz, Crystal Kaplan, Asher Evans
Lost (5): Rev. Judy Goode, Rev. Seth Hoerth, Kat Morse, Rev. Jerry Stefaniak, Rev. Dianne Schmunk
Our matching pledge drive is having large positive effect. First time average per member has exceeded $50 since we began recording this.
Request for feedback has been sent to 19 former Supporting Members who did not renew over the past two years.
Painting And Remodeling Project:
3 white tables have now been bought for $163.17. Rev. Rudy has agreed to pay for these along with $200 for handyman work (last year). Total $363.17. Invoice has been sent. Two more tables will be bought as they are used for potlucks and other classes and events. Rev. Tedosio will haul away old tables.
Rev. Heather Has Been Hired As Assistant Minister
Progress report on Rev. Heather. She began working on December 9. She has good, high level computer ability. She's hard working and intelligent. Everyone appears to like her and she has nice upbeat presence and professional appearance. It's going great.
Many new enrollees in ACIM-2. Their Ministerial Projects were presented.
Rev. Tony's New ACIM-2 Students:
1. Rev. Heather Holmes - Help out at Sunday Service.
2. Asher Evans - Weekly posts on the MOLDG.
3. Gwen Evans - Weekly posts on the MOLDG. Be a Greeter at the Sunday Service 2 Sundays a month.
4. Daphne Blunck - Write book reviews for Miracles Monthly at a rate of one book review a month.
5. Kim Wilson - Write and record original prayers (about 1 minute long). Send prayers to us as .mp3s. Post these on Facebook page. One per week.
6. Jean Pope - Coordinate Greeters for Sunday Service and be a Greeter herself at least one Sunday a month.
Rev. Marci's New ACIM-2 Students:
1. Jon Welker - Interview longstanding Supporting Members and write short articles about them. One per month.
2. Karen Worth - Update the CMC On-Line Study Group directory.
3. Crystal Kaplan - She wanted to do book reviews but that is already covered by Daphne. We will suggest that she be active on the CMC Facebook Supporting Member Group and post one "substantive" post every week.
All Ministerial projects were approved except Crystal Kaplan's. Rev. Marci will propose our new idea to her.
Report on our 3 ACIM-1 Classes: Rev. Judy's Tue. 8:00 a.m. class has 9 students and may be full soon. The other two classes have 6 students each. Need to do more class promotion. Urtext Class currently not meeting.
Report on our 2 ACIM-2 classes: Rev. Tony's Thu. 6:30 p.m. class is full with 10 students. This is the first time ACIM-2 has ever been full. Rev. Marci's Mon. 5:00 p.m. class has 6 students and may have a new student soon. This is a very large number of people taking ACIM-2.
Ordination Planned February 16, 2014
4 to be ordained. Patricia Coughlin-Mawson, Dianna Nicholson, John Williams, Joanie Goss. Current ministers will be asked to participate.
Ongoing discussion about Sunday Service. Discussion was had about speakers coming to support and not just when speaking. All should be on board with this starting in Feb. Several other issues were discussed.
1. Service should start on time and not exceed an hour. Agreed.
2. Door should be unlocked downstairs 15 minutes prior to service and then locked again around the time sermon starts ~ 15 minutes after Service starts. Agreed.
3. Rev. Rudy will prepare a list of songs he feels are too difficult to sing and that we don't sing well. We will go over list at a later time and may eliminate these songs.
4. Discussion about having musical guests. This may require extra payment.
There has been no progress. There are two reasons. There hasn't been enough time to work on the project, and the one hotel in New York City that seemed possible won't guarantee us a guest room price until one year in advance of event. There current price is below $200 per night, but there is no guarantee that this would be the price for a 2015 event. There was discussion about looking into other cities. Las Vegas was mentioned. Rev. Tony will work on this project.
Outgoing Phone Message
There are some who feel that our outgoing message is not good and should be changed. Rev. Tony agrees to change the outgoing message.
Meeting adjourned at 2:10 p.m. Pacific.
Next Meeting, the 146th, Sunday March 16, 2014 at 12:45 p.m. Pacific.
Respectfully Submitted: Rev. Tony Ponticello Acting Secretary
**Infrequently, the CMC may generalize certain items and/or names, or may eliminate an item altogether, that might be embarrassing and/or painful for a particular person and/or institution from the "Public Copy" of the Minutes. The "Legal Copy" of the minutes, held at the CMC office, may therefore be slightly different than the "Public Copy." The CMC guarantees that, to the best of it's ability, the "Public Copy" of the minutes contains no inaccurate or misleading information.